- Apply for the letter of introduction (LOI, the Servas passport) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a blank LOI form by e-mail.
- Fill in the form for introducing yourself. Send the form back to email@example.com. We put the Servas International stamp on it and the validation date.
- You will receive a payment request and a message you need to use when paying.
- Pay the fee of € 16 to IBAN BE95 3631 5616 2158 (don’t forget the message). The LOI is valid 12 months after the date of purchase (eg. When you want to travel in July, you apply for a LOI in June and it is valid until the end of June the next year.)
- You will receive your LOI by post and also scanned in a e-mail. You can use this scan to send to Servas members you want to contact.
- If you ask for a country list (CL) of one or more countries you want to visit, you’ll recieve them by email in PDF-format.
- From the moment you have the CL, you can contact Servas members by sending your scanned LOI together with your request.
Usually this procedure runs smoothly, but it may take up to two weeks at the most to deal with the 4 e-mails, the banking operation and sending the LOI by post.
- Every member needs their own LOI, but children traveling with their parents don’t need an LOI when they are under 18.
- Members of Servas Belgium & Luxembourg don’t need a LOI when traveling in Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands but they are asked to take a Membership Confirmation Form with them. You can apply for this via the contact form